Troubleshooting Steps for a Sensor Not Coming Online
- If not installed, install battery.
- If installed, check orientation and if it is fully seated.
- If installed, remove the battery for 60 seconds, then replace.
- If installed correctly, try switching batteries with a known working battery.
Check the distance from sensor to gateway:
- Commercial Coin Cell Sensors: Should be no closer than 3 to 5 feet and within 200 to 250 feet non-line-of-sight.
- Commercial AA Sensors: Should be no closer than 5 to 7 feet and within 250 to 300 feet non-line-of-sight.
- Industrial Sensors: Should be no closer than 7 to 10 feet and within 300 to 350 feet non-line-of-sight.
Check that the sensor RF is compatible with the gateway RF.
Check that the sensor firmware version is compatible with the gateway’s version.
Check that gateway is turned on.
Check that sensor has been added to the network and the gateway’s sensor list:
Check to make sure that the sensors have been added in your account
- Login to https://portal.viewmysensors.com
- Click “View Gateways”
- Click the name of the gateway
- Click “Sensor List” tab